Not by us while it is in your care. If there are damages or the gear is lost or stolen you will have to pay for the full replacement cost or repairs cost. You must arrange insurance for loss or damage, or check that it is covered under your "House and Contents" insurance policy
Doesn't the bond cover damage?
We only charge a small bond so it might cover minor damage, or maybe late hire return charges. You are liable to make good any damage or pay replacement costs if equipment is damaged stolen or losted while on hire to you.
Do you deliver? What is the charge?
Yes we do deliver for a cost.
Yes we do deliver for a cost.The fee depends on the amount of gear you are hiring and the area it needs to be transported but we can discuss options.
What happens if I can't remember how to put all my equipment together when I get it home?
Call us! We will talk you through the setup. Think about the signal flow. A CD player goes OUT to IN on a mixer, then the mixer goes OUT to an IN on an amplifier, which goes OUT to an IN on a speaker.
Noise Control Officers?
Beware of the Noise Control Officers from the City Councils. If any one complains about your party, you will get a visit from 'Noise Control' who will ask you to turn it down (i.e.: serve you an 'Excessive Noise Notice'), if the persons thinks you have not turned it down enough, Noise Control will come back and take the gear away, they may also have the Police with them. If they do take the gear away, there is a charge of $200 plus. Hire charges continue until the equipment is returned to our depot. Most people are pretty sensible and turn it down once the Noise Control Officers turn up Contact numbers for more information: Duty Environmental Health Officer (09) 379 2021 x9073
What do I to bring in with me in order to hire gear?
You will need to bring 2 forms of ID and proof of address, a bill with your address on it. This is Current New Zealand drives license or passport and something else with your name on it like a credit card. If you don’t have either of these then you will need to bring someone with you who has the ID's. They will become the hirer and will be fully responsible for the gear.
How long is the hire for?
Prices shown are for 1 days' hire, being up to 24 hours. Additional days are discounted! All our prices include GST.
How is the power rated on speakers?
All Speaker Systems are rated as RMS, the most conservative rating system. A RMS rating is half that of "music power" or "Program" and about a quarter that of "Peak" ratings. e.g. 500W RMS is also rated at 1000W Program or 2000W peak.
Still have questions?
PLEASE CONTACT US AND WE WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU WITH ANY QUESTION!
Terms & conditions for the Hirer
In these conditions:- 'Owner' – means the Sound & Lighting Depot "Hirer" – means the person, firm or company who has ordered/hired from the Owners the equipment as detailed.
(1) Sound & Lighting Depot (The Owner) shall let and the hirer shall take on the hire the equipment specified over leaf & initialed for & by the owner & the hirer through the period shown overleaf.
(2) THE Rent for the hire of the said equipment shall be the amount shown overleaf to be paid by the hirer to the OWNER as specified overleaf.
(3) NO rights under this agreement can be assigned to any third party nor is the Hirer entitled without the Owner's written permission to remove all or part of the hired equipment or to allow it out of his possession. During this period of hiring the equipment shall be used only by the Hirer or by persons under the direct control and supervision of the hirer
(4) THE hirer shall hold the equipment at his/her own risk and shall use the equipment in a proper manner. The Owner is not responsible for any injury or loss caused to others or suffered by the Hirer her/him self in the course of using the equipment. The Hirer undertakes to indemnify the Owner against any claim for injury or loss what so ever kind suffered by third party through the possession or use of the equipment by the Hirer
(5) THE Hirer shall keep the equipment clean and return it to the Owner in the same condition as it was when he/she took it on hirer. If the equipment is damaged, lost, or stolen during the period of hire the Hirer shall pay the costs of repair or the cost of replacement (If necessary) of the equipment.
(6) NO representation has been made or is any condition, warranty, guarantee, or any promise as to the state of repair, fitness or suitability for any purpose of the equipment implied or expressed by the owner.
(7) IF the Hirer shall make default in punctual payment of the sums to be so paid by it for the hire of the said sound equipment or shall otherwise fail to observe and perform the terms and conditions of this agreement on its part to be observed or performed this Agreement shall forthwith determine (without any notice or other act on the part of the Owner and notwithstanding that the Owner may have waived some previous default or matter of the same or unlike nature) and shall thereupon be lawful for the Owner to retake possession of the said equipment and for that purpose to enter into or upon any premises where the same may be and the determination of the hiring under this clause shall not affect the right of the Owner to recover from the Hirer any monies due to the Owner under this Agreement or damages for breach thereof.
(8) ANY time or other indulgence granted by the Owner shall not affect the strict rights of the Owner under this Agreement.